Sunday, July 18, 2004

My brother has taken it upon himself to make sure we are stocked with quality films at our house. We watched two that he sent us in the last two nights. Last night we watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. A good fun flick. One thing I picked up. One of the unseen lawmen chasing the eponymous pair was called Laforce (sp?), the greatest lawman in the West who always wore a white straw hat. Anyone remember which movie referenced that?

Tonight we watched Network. If there was a better movie made in the 70's I'd like to know. It was an amazing job of keeping up a darkly humorous tone through a film on a relatively serious subject. The writing was absolutely masterful. I can't say much more in the spirit of the film without cussing, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: